Twitter may be an incredibly angry and depressing place on occasions, but it's got its upside too.
Every now and then, for instance, it can be really really funny.
From self-deprecating celebrities to small dogs swinging from tree branches, here are some of the most chuckle-worthy British tweets from 2017...
1. This celebrity sighting.
2. This messy rubbish disposal fail.
3. This horrible mistake.
4. This Scottish man's failed attempt to get the day off work.
5. This glorious opening line on a dating app.
6. This gem from (very tall) footballer Peter Crouch.
7. This story from abroad.
There's a girl in our hostel room called manon and every time someone says her name I shite myself and do a Cruyff turn
— Calum MacLeod (@cmacleod93) January 2, 2017
8. This no-nonsense resignation letter from a gleeful grandma.
9. This weird optical illusion.
10. This delightfully inventive pooch.
11. This glorious exchange.
12. This story, which chartph.comes chartph.complete with a disastrous twist ending.
13. This unexpected letter home from school.
14. This beautiful offering from James Blunt.
15. This missed opportunity.
16. This spelling-themed struggle.
How the fuck am I meant too know how too spell kwasonts
— Marty McKenna (@Marty_GShore) November 6, 2017
17. And this (very similar) one.
18. This very simple, very effective response to a Piers Morgan tweet.
19. This work of art.
20. This outstanding discovery.
21. This gleeful football fan.
22. This important origin story to the "distracted boyfriend" meme.
23. This adorable Whatsapp fail.
Good work, Britain.