Well, it's here.?
Marvel rocked the world today with the first trailer for Avengers: Infinity War, which crams together just about every MCU superhero you can think of in an enormous battle against a villain we first met two Phases ago.
It's a lot to take in (new facial hair! New costumes! New characters! New sky portals!) but now that we've had a moment to process, we gotta say – we're still left with a whole bunch of questions. Like...
1. Do Iron Man and Doctor Strange high-five over their awesome facial hair?
All I want out of Avengers: Infinity War is a live-action re-enactment of this scene from the chartph.comics.
2. How evil is Loki going to be in Avengers: Infinity War?
Everyone's favorite MCU bad boy seems to oscillate between villainy and antiheroism, sometimes even in the same movie. Which side will he fall on this time?
3. What triggers Spidey's spider-sense?
We may have skipped the origin story this time, but clearly he's still got a few new skills to pick up. Spider-Man didn't seem to have the spider-sense in Homechartph.coming, so what's changed between then and Infinity War?
4. Did Thor learn that move from Cap?
5. Is Black Widow ever going to get her own movie?
She's been part of this franchise almost since the beginning. Her backstory has been parceled out over about half a dozen films, and she's even picked up a love interest (Bruce Banner) on the way. But she's never, ever gotten to be the lead of her own movie.?
6. Will Thanos be worth the hype?
Infinity War is the payoff to a concept first introduced five years and a dozen movies ago – Thanos and his quest to collect the Infinity Stones. That's a lot of setup. But will he be the fearsome force we were promised, or just another forgettable entry in a long line of two-dimensional Marvel villains?
7. Does Cap's exile beard change your Chris rankings?
BRB, rethinking some life decisions.
8. Is Thanos pulling off that golden glove? (I'm sorry, gauntlet.)
I don't mean in the sense of "taking it off." I mean, it's a lot of look. Is he making it work? Or is the glove wearing him?
9. Will Vision be the Avenger to die?
There have been tons of hints that at least "some" of the Avengers could die. And seeing as Vision only exists because of the Mind Stone, it seems plausible he'll bite it when Thanos plucks it out of his head. If he is gonna die, can Vision and Scarlet Witch at least get a proper romance first?
10. What can the Iron Spider suit do?
This is the same Stark-designed suit that Spidey turned down at the end of Homechartph.coming.
11. How does the nation of Wakanda get dragged into this?
The biggest military force we see in Avengers: Infinity War belongs to Wakanda – which seems pretty surprising, since Black Panther's home country has tended to keep to themselves. What's changed?
12. Did Winter Soldier ever get his brain fixed?
The post-credits scene for Captain America: Civil War shows Bucky choosing to go back on ice "until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head." So, did they?
13. Is this shot actually in Avengers: Infinity War?
We've been burned before, and pretty recently. Remember that incredible shot of Hulk, Valkyrie, Thor, and Loki standing on the rainbow bridge in the Thor: Ragnarok trailer? It doesn't exist in that form in the actual movie – there's a similar shot, but without Hulk. Disney loves trailer trickery.
14. How the hell does Thor end up with the Guardians of the Galaxy?
And which version of Thor is this? The goofy, loosey-goosey guy from Thor: Ragnarok, or the more serious dude from the earlier Thor films?
15. Where the hell is Valkyrie? (And Ant-Man, and Wasp, and Hawkeye, and ...)
There are so many Marvel heroes in this trailer, and still so many others missing. Man, this is a big universe.